Let me say that again:
I. love. smoothies. A lot.
My smoothie consumption is definitely higher than that of the average smoothie enthusiast. My accomplishments include (but are not limited to) drinking a smoothie every day of the week, occasionally drinking a smoothie for every meal of the day and owning about five smoothie recipe books. My mother is proud.
Since I'm obviously a guru here (#sarcasm in case you can't tell), I'll impart a little smoothie knowledge on you. Some things I've learned about smoothies:
1) If using spinach, blend the spinach and your liquid first before adding the other ingredients. Otherwise you will have spinach chunks. Don't say I didn't warn you.
2) Frozen bananas are the best thing ever because they make smoothies thick and you get to eat them with a spoon.
3) There's no such thing as too many smoothies.
(I have no measurements because I don't measure things out . . . sorry!)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter: (creative name, huh?) Sweet & thick. Tastes somewhat like chocolate ice cream or a Frosty to me!
- frozen banana (the more the thicker, as they always say)
- vanilla protein powder
- peanut butter
- cocoa powder
- Orange Strawberry: So delicious! Not as thick as the CPB, but it's so fruity and the orange juice just makes the flavor perfect.
- Orange juice
- Strawberry yogurt
- Vanilla yogurt
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen banana
- Tropical Greens: Pinapple-y and so, so green. But not thick.
- Frozen pineapple
- Spinach (remember tip #1!)
- Frozen banana
- Plain/vanilla yogurt
And there you have my three favorites! I also love to include frozen blueberries, raspberries, almond milk & flax seed in a lot of my smoothies.
If you want some more ideas, feel free to swing by my Pinterest board dedicated completely to smoothies (another one of my qualifications)!
If you end up trying any of my favorites, let me know how you liked it!
P.S. If all is going according to plan, I should be somewhere in Greece right now! I'll respond to comments and update you on my trip as soon as I can get some reliable wi-fi!