2.16.2014

Valentine's Day - Two Days Late for Your Mental Health

I don't know about you guys, but I don't love Valentine's Day. I mean, sure, it's great because 1) I get free candy from lots of people, 2) everyone seems to be in a better mood and 3) stores have Valentine's Day sales and who doesn't love sales?

But there are also things that I don't love about Valentine's Day.  But I'll condense everything into one point: it's everywhere.  

*Scrolling through Instagram: Valentine's day, boyfriend, hearts, candy, pink, flowers*
*Walking downtown: couples, kissing, holding hands, hugs*
*Reading blogs: How I spent Valentine's Day, OOTD Valentine's Day Edition*


You get the point.  I am completely fine with all of those things, just not all at one time.  So therefore, I am presenting to you the account of my V-Day two days late for your mental sanity.  Because I don't know about you, but just one more kissing selfie on Instagram on February 14 would have sent me over the edge.

My day started at 4:00 am, when I meant to get up and do homework that I had procrastinated neglected to do the night before, but I after turning off my alarm, I slept until 6, so there's that.  Then I went to school and forgot to tell my mom happy Valentine's Day, so I texted her, and this is what happened:

But she was just kidding.  Don't worry, guys, my mom loves me.  Then I worked out after school with a friend and almost died about a billion and a half times because the words work & out together have become almost foreign to my vocabulary.  After my near-death experiences, my friend and I tried on prom dresses which was very fancy and exciting! I'm not a big sparkle/jewels/glitter type of girl, so the fun number I have on in the picture was absolutely perfect. 


When we were (regretfully) finished with what was pretty much a big girl's game of dress up, we shivered our way over to one of the many local frozen yogurt shops (I know, freezing weather + frozen yogurt aren't the best combo, but it's just so stinking good!) and met up with another friend for what turned out to (happily!) be my dinner.  Mine is the chocolate-y peanut butter heaven at the bottom of the picture.  



 We sat and chatted for over two hours, but it seemed like just a few minutes had passed.  That's one of the many beauties of friendship, I suppose.

And that was my Valentine's Day.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love,
Allison

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty great! And sorry I deleted that comment. My big, fat thumb hit the wrong button and I can't figure out how to get it back. I really appreciate the feedback! :)

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

I love love love love comments and will respond to all of them!