2.08.2014

Sweat & Sweets

Last night, I did something that I haven't done in a long time.

I went to the gym.

I know, I know.  Shocking, right?  I would have convinced myself out of last night's expedition if the left hand turn lane that led to the gym had not had a shorter line than the right hand turn line that led to my house.  That's my reasoning in a nutshell right there.  But I'm so glad that I went, even if I only had 25 minutes.

I started out with a quick run: only 1.5 miles.  But here's the exciting part.  I finally got my mile time back under 8 min/mile! I haven't been able to do that since cross country season ended in November. Maybe all it took was having limited time and having to get in and out of the gym quickly?  I don't know, but it makes me happy!











Then I turned to the app that I love to hate: Nike Training Club.  It kills me.every.single.time.  But I just keep going back for more, and I haven't died yet, so our relationship is working out pretty well.  I did a fifteen minute legs workout that has me wincing (in a good way, because our relationship is so great! Remember?) every time I go to sit down.

Now all that working out and healthiness (okay, it was like 25 minutes.  I spend more time than that picking out what to wear in the morning some days) was good and fine for yesterday.  But today is today and what today needed was something extra sweet.

So, where else to turn but to Pinterest for a sugary fix? The result of this search came as a big batch of pumpkin chocolate chip bars. And let me tell you, making these was probably one of the best life decisions of 2014.




I have to admit, this is where the pictures end.  The final product was never documented because 1) I undercooked it, so it wasn't pretty and 2) it was so delicious that the entire thing was gone in about 2.84 seconds.  (And no, I didn't eat the whole thing, only just a ton of it.) 

So if you ever need an easy and super delicious sugar fix and happen to have some pumpkin laying around, this is definitely what you're looking for.  Although, don't get too excited to eat it that you sacrifice some cooking time.  Free advice.  You're welcome.

Love,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

I love love love love comments and will respond to all of them!