3.03.2015

Tuesday Reads [V.2]


Last week was a crazy week, no? From llama escapades, to that one article of color changing clothing that will not be mentioned on this blog, the Internet had a hay day.  While you were being distracted by white&gold vs. blue&black disagreements full-out shouting matches, here's what you may have missed:

What Is Blue?
I've never doubted the validity of Mr. ROY G. BIV, but this article definitely made me question what has seemingly been "the obvious."  Also, I am constantly amazed by the psychological differences between those accustomed to a developed country and those who know nothing but the jungles.

How to Fake Being Rich
If you need a good laugh, any of Viviane's posts should do the trick.  This particular one lets you in on how to make people think you are the next Bill Gates or Oprah.

How to Withstand Waiting:
As I find myself counting the hours until graduation at least twice a day, this article from Delight blog was a smack-in-the-face reminder of how I, and you, should be treating the waiting periods of our lives.

30  Tutorials to Make You a Better Photographer & Editor
Do I need to say anymore?  But for real, this is a great guide that even includes a photography course from Stanford that is free!  If you're wanting to step up your photo game (me) then this is for you!

Kale, Gorgonzola, and Bacon Scones
Another Delight link!  But this time it involves food which is always a good thing.  I made these scones about two weeks ago and they were gone in literally less than 36 hours.  Subbing feta cheese for gorgonzola works, but you won't have as strong of a flavor.

How to Stop Yourself from Crying
Being someone who automatically resorts to tears when any emotion gets too strong, I am definitely going to try this trick the next time I feel my eyes start to sting.  

So, anything good?

xx,
Allison

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, thanks for the photography tutorials link! I've been working on my photography a little bit and wanting to improve it. Heading to check it out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for the mention! :)
    I'm glad you enjoy my posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are definitely worth sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

I love love love love comments and will respond to all of them!