2.10.2015

The Wanderlust Is So Real


Lately I've been scrolling through all my Europe pictures more often than I usually do.  I know what you're thinking: it's time to send me to some support group or something.

Hi, my name is Allison and I can't stop reliving the summer of 2014.

Hiiiii, Allison.

And that's how it would go.  Between Katie's and my Travel Thursday blog swap last week to my new wall quote crafted out of Europe pictures and my sister's excitement over her upcoming European adventure, my heart is clearly elsewhere in the world. 


Also I just took a BuzzFeed quiz that confirmed that in 10 years I will be traveling the world.  So it's meant to be . . . BuzzFeed told me so.

I could take this wanderlust-laden obsession and turn it into a productive habit like learning a new language or discovering how to cook food from around the world.  However, those are things that people who are ready to move on with their life do.  I don't think that I'm quite there yet or want to be there, so I'll fuel this fire a little more.

Out of all of the towns, villages, cities, and countries in this big world, I can only think of two places that I don't really have a desire to go.  That leaves approximately 72,983 places that I do want to see and feel and experience. And that's a lot of places.  Ain't nobody got the time to write about 72,983 places, so I made the tough executive call to chop the list to the top 8 places that I want  need to visit in my lifetime. (In no specific order because do you know how long that would take me to decide? I spent nearly an entire study hall just narrowing it down to my top 8 choices so no way am I getting any more detailed than that.)

Paris, France


Top 5 Paris bucket list: Climb the Eiffel Tower // eat in a corner cafe // visit the Louvre // see the Arc de Triomphe // be in awe of the Notre Dame Cathedral

Cape Town, South Africa


Top 5 Cape Town bucket list: sit on top of Table Mountain // spy on penguins // take a dip in those waters // learn a few things about African culture // visit the Cape of Good Hope

London, England


Top 5 London bucket list: drink tea // take a ride in the London eye // fangirl over the Harry Potter studios // tell the time on Big Ben // get an inside scoop on the London fashion scene

Machu Picchu, Peru


Top 5 Machu Picchu bucket list: trek the Inca trail (yep, all of it!) // get cultured at an indigenous village // taste the local cuisine // ascend to Huayna Picchu // explore Incan ruins 

Innsbruck, Austria


Top 5 Innsbruck bucket list:  wonder at the Innsbruck Cathedral // hit the Alpine slopes with my snowboard // photograph the Goldenes Dachl // hike those mountains! // wander in and out of shops and cafes

Amsterdam, Netherlands


Amsterdam Top 5 bucket list: marvel in the Museum Quarter // check out the Anne Frank house // taste the street food // tour the city by bike // get on the canals (ice skate in the winter, take a ride in the summer)

Extra! What I will not do in Amsterdam: Proclaim that Anne Frank would have been a belieber.

New Zealand


I couldn't just pick one place in New Zealand because its all just so gorgeous so the whole shebang landed on my list. 

NZ Top 5: take a mud bath in Rotorua // skydive // take in the views while hiking the Tongariro Crossing // kayak the Milford Sound // stargaze  

Denver, Colorado, USA


Denver Top 5: snowboard! // catch a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater // hike in the mountains // stop and smell the roses at the Denver Botanical Gardens // find some really good eats

So much for a productive day . . . I could actually be accomplishing something if resenting why plane tickets are so expensive is considered "accomplishing something."  

Have you ever been to any of these places? Are they on your bucket lists?

Love,
Allison



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad somewhere in the US made your list! There are a lot of beautiful places right here in the States, but I would LOVE to travel to Europe. Some day. I have been to Denver, and it's really pretty, as to be expected :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to make this list pretty diverse, so I chose just one US place. It was so hard! San Fran, Seattle, the Grand Canyon . . . pretty much everywhere but International Falls, Minnesota, haha. I've had enough negative temps to last me for quite a while! I'm definitely going to make it to Denver at some point though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jade! I'd be happy to swing by your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

I love love love love comments and will respond to all of them!