1.05.2015

365 Photographs Update // 1.5

A long, long break from my camera left me with a whole lot to catch up on over break with my 365 project.  Luckily, my parents surprised my sister and I with a lovely trip to Boston so I had plenty of reason to pull it out and snap some shots.

I was going to make a separate Boston post, and I still might, but a lot of those pictures ended up in my project.  Let's just consider it a preview! Be prepared for a photo dump, because here it comes.

Oh, and shoutout to my camera for making it through Christmas, vacation, and still going (not so strong) on battery life! It's such a champ.


If you are a book lover and ever visit Detroit, you have to stop by John K. King. I'm warning you now, you'll live with regrets if you don't! So many books, so little time. 


Downtown Holland was cuter than it normally is when it got all festive for Christmas. 


I, by nature, am not a DIY person.  Yet there's something about these cards that turn me into a craft enthusiast.  Don't worry, I'm back to my normal stage of avoiding gluesticks and running from glitter shakers. 


My cat, Mickey, made sure that everyone knew that he was the real star of Christmas. Can't you just tell how thrilled he is? 

 
Boston! The sky was always pretty here. Seriously.



Fun architecture.  It's the little details that really catch my eye.



The oldest seats in the MLB and I plopped my butt in them! Not an experience that you can get at Comerica Park, that's for sure. 


The sky in this picture is so perfect that it looks fake. Believe me here, there is no way that I am able to photoshop that one in! 


Climbing the 294 steps of the Bunker Hill Monument gave me some serious Italian deja vu





Old Ironsides.  Launched in 1797 and still floatin'.  I'm impressed. 





For the first time since the middle of November, we saw snow in Michigan! The bitter cold has now rolled in with it. Yay. 


Reading Psalm 63 tonight and it really struck me how absolutely amazing and overflowing God's love for us is.  His love is even better than our lives.  Letting that sink in gave me chills. 

Oh, and check out my cool, new mug! Thanks Mom & Dad! 

So there's the DL on what's been happening in my 365 day photo challenge. I know I have a long, long way to go, but I'm excited by some of the things I'm discovering how to do on my camera. 

I had a free trial of Adobe Lightroom for a while and was starting to get the hang of it when the Adobe people decided to be mean and end my trial.  Since I'm using January as a no-spend month to try and build my savings for college a little, buying a $100+ editing system is out of the question.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a photo editing system that they like?  I'm getting desperate here so I would love to hear your suggestions! 

Have you ever done a 365 day photo challenge?  

Been to Boston? How'd you like it? What was your favorite part? 

Love,
Allison

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh your pictures are fantastic! I especially like the one with pawprints in the snow - too neat! By the way, mom mom, sister, and I all have that mug...love my home state!!
    ~ Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. John K. King Rare & Used Books? Why haven't I heard of this store before? Now I'm on a mission, the next time I'm downtown I'm going to make a visit to this place! I love all of your pictures, I've never been to Boston, and I'm jealous of your Fenway Park shots. So cool! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! And that's awesome about the mug! I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I hadn't heard of it either until my friend told me about it. It's an old four-storied warehouse absolutely overflowing with literally (literally, not figuratively!) a million books. I think I was there for two hours and could easily spend like six more, haha. And thank you! I loved Boston; it was really cool! And happy new year to you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah your photography skills are amazing! Boston looks so pretty, I'd love to visit it someday, especially in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! :) And I loved Boston! I think it's one of my favorite cities. It was super pretty in the snow, but I would love to go back in the summer, too!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

I love love love love comments and will respond to all of them!