11.12.2014

Week by Numbers + #SOTWW

Being my non-artistic, precise self, I've always had a special fondness for Paint by Numbers. I mean, I could look like I knew what I was doing and it was so dang easy to make a masterpiece.  Translated to the blogging world, Paint by Numbers becomes Week by Numbers: an easy way to see what I've been up to all week (because I know you're so interested!)! But unlike Paint by Numbers, Week by Numbers involves no clean-up or accidental paint spills, so it's pretty much gold.


8 trillion // (at least!) the seconds that I've waited for my computer to load since it decided to suddenly turn into a dinosaur on me. #Rawr #NotCool

231 // pages read of Pride and Prejudice.  I LOVE MR. DARCY. That is all.

45 // minute work-out that Allie and I completed yesterday that has me hobbling like a baby deer today.

22 // the amount of times that I've listened to "Shake It Off" because it's my jam. Also, I picked 22 because it seemed like a nice, round, Taylor Swift number, not because I actually know. 

14 // the amount of times I've had to charge my phone because like my computer, it decided to stop doing its job. I think technology hates me.

12 // hours of sleep that I got on Friday night because I went to bed at 8.  Party animal, I know. 

11 // cat pictures taken. Here's one to grace your eyeballs. You're welcome. 

8 // hand-lettering designs that I've attempted.  I suddenly got the urge that I had to learn how to make pretty word designs right that second, and so I did.  Well, attempt that is.  Homework, shmomework.

No, I didn't go through and decorate my entire planner . . .  . well, I might have. 

7 // cookies eaten.  A cookie (or two) a day keeps the doctor away! Right?

5 // times that I've watched the new "Blank Space" music video.  I'm not usually big on music videos, but something about Taylor's psycho breakdown has me clicking replay.


4 // recipes made.  Pumpkin bars and baked oatmeal for the win.  Butternut squash mac&cheese, not so much.  But I mean, hey, someone somewhere has to like it! Also, I'm counting my pineapple+blueberry smoothie that I had for breakfast about five days in a row.

3 // movies watched: Elf, Big Hero 6, and Legally Blonde, in case you were interested.  Also, I can now reference bend + snap and know what I'm talking about! 

1 // metal bar walked straight into yesterday in my school's weight room. In front of the whole wrestling team. Cool. 

Linking up with Helene today for Song of the Week Wednesday! This week's was a no-brainer as I've been newly re-obsessed with Rooney's "When Did Your Heart Go Missing" as I rediscovered it last week and promptly bought it and played it about 84 times in a row.  Shout out to my family and friends for neither smashing my phone or killing me over it . . . though I wouldn't have blamed them if they did. Enjoy!



Helene in Between Song of the Week Wednesday

What are some of your numbers of the week? 
xx,
Allison

10 comments:

  1. Sleeping 12 hours sounds pretty awesome! :) My computer is working fine, thankfully, but lately the slow speed of my internet is driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty great! And slow internet is the worst first world problem out there. It's so frustrating!

      Delete
  2. Such an interesting post!:) Hmm.. my numbers, oops I think I've been using the computer 24 hours a day haha!
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely say I've had a week where computer time accounts for all of my numbers, haha!

      Delete
  3. HAHAHA ok Blank Space is an amazing video. I've watched it so many times and usually I'm not big on videos. I think it helps that Sean O'Pry is also such a hottie lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may or may not be a factor . . . ;) Haha, but I know! I love it so much!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, I haven't heard When Did Your Heart Go Missing in yeaaars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! One of Taylor Swift's new songs reminded me of it and I looked up the Nancy Drew soundtrack (because that movie was my childhood!) and found it.

      Delete
  5. I have so many things to say!

    YOU KNOW WHO ROONEY IS?!?!? NO ONE knows who they are and I've loved them since what feels like the don of time.

    Also, THIS WAS YOUR FIRST TIME WATCHING LEGALLY BLONDE?!?! That movie came out when I was 13 and it basically shaped the woman I am today. I owe everything to Elle Woods, attorney.

    T-Swifts new music video is brilliant. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know anything else other than When Did Your Heart Go Missing, but if that song is anything like their other songs, there's a pretty big chance that I'll like them! Haha

      And, I know! I can't believe it's taken me so long to see it! I started watching it once a few years ago and had to leave about 20 minutes in. After I finished it, for about two seconds, I determined that I was destined to be an attorney. Then I remembered it was just a movie and most cases don't fall through with a perm, haha.

      And yes, it's so, so good! Like it's classic, and vintage, and beautiful . . . I'm obsessed.

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

I love love love love comments and will respond to all of them!