6.22.2014

{LINK-UP} Runners Tell All: Proudest Running Moment

Hey, hey! I'm linking up again today with Amanda and Beka for the monthly Runners Tell All.  This month, we're talking about our proudest/most favorite running moment that we've had.

For me, competing in the state final cross country meet last season was an incredible honor.  On a chilly, and extremely muddy November day, I ran my final meet of the season around & inside the Michigan International Speedway. 

Due to the torturous last close-to-a-mile where the course led us around the muddymuddymuddy inside of MIS, I didn't quite get the PR that I was looking for, although I was just a few seconds off.  However, to be involved in a race of that magnitude was beyond exciting.  My name was even on the scrolling scoreboard in the center of the field and on the back of the state finals shirt that was totally overpriced but I bought anyway.

My finish was less than glamorous as at that point I was probably moving slower I do when I move from the dinner table to the couch after Thanksgiving dinner. Butttt, overall, I had a great race.  Once I found my family at the finish (a lot harder said than done), lots of congratulations, hugs, and pictures ensued.  

I don't think I've ever been more proud to call myself a runner than I was at that time.  


The amount of squint in this picture is unreal.  

A shower couldn't come fast enough.

What's your proudest running moment? Let me know in the comments, or better yet(!) link it up! 



6 comments:

  1. Get it, girl! T shirts can be so motivating, that's probably the coolest part to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The running store definitely knows what they're doing by offering free t-shirts to try on shoes. Those sneaky business people!

      Delete
  2. What an amazing experience that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a ton of fun! I hope to qualify again this year!

      Delete
  3. You look awesome! Love all the mud. It really is so much easier said than done to find family after a race. But congratulations and thanks for linking up! (P.S. I updated your link on the linky tool, and I think it should be working now, so you can ignore my other email)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it was absolutely insane after this race! I can't even imagine what huge marathon finish lines are like. And thank you so much for fixing my link! Not sure what happened there :)

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

I love love love love comments and will respond to all of them!