6.01.2014

A Summer Saturday

I don't know about you all, but here in Michigan, it is finally feeling like summer. It's to the point where I'm actually starting to resemble a human being instead of a ghost because I'm not deathly pale anymore!

Yesterday was a beautiful day from start to finish - the perfect day for a visit to the farmer's market!


 A live musician made the day seem even more pleasant as he revisited old favorites with his guitar.


I sampled a little bitty piece of sweet potato pie and decided that it was a good thing for my wallet that I had walked away from the stand before I tasted the pie since it was so delicious.


I ended up buying some granola and a blueberry lemonade to split three ways.


On our walk home, I snapped an "artsy" (I tried!) picture of the gorgeous flowers that my friend had picked out and was inspired to plant my own at home. Giving me an exciting gardening project for next weekend and granola to fuel me, the farmer's market was definitely a great way to spend a summer Saturday morning.  


Do you have a local farmer's market? Any gardening tips to share?

Happy June!
Love,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

I love love love love comments and will respond to all of them!