6.23.2014

{20 before 20} Drive-in Movie Recap

I've never mentioned it before, but I have a 20 before 20 bucket list!  You may have noticed it up in my tabs, or you may have not.  Either way, it's not a big star around here.  However, about two weeks ago, I remembered that I had that thing and decided to take a look at it and then I proceeded to get pretty excited.

Excited because that list contains some pretty exciting things that I cannot wait to experience.

As of last Thursday, I now have 10% of that list complete thanks to the great time that I had with a few friends, a couple cars, a big screen and lots and lots of sugar.  That's right, I checked "watch a movie at a drive-in theater" right off that list.

We arrived at the drive-in around 7:30 because we were drive-in rookies and were pretty clueless about the whole thing. This led to 2 hours of waiting for the movie to start.  However, when with friends, two hours is no big deal, am I right?

We chucked a football around, chatted, got even more addicted to 2048 (when I finally beat that game, my life will pretty much be complete), and chowed down on candy like it was our job.


Instead of staying in our cars, we were those people that brought a slew of lawn chairs, blankets and sleeping bags and set up camp right in the front row.  It was great and everyone else was totally jealous.  At least, I'm sure that they were.  I couldn't really tell in the dark . . . 


Finally, finally, the opening credits for How to Train Your Dragon 2 rolled across the screen and it was a beautiful moment.  HTTYD2 was great because Toothless was so cute and he kept reminding me of a cat.  Yes, those were literally my thoughts.

Wrapped in a blanket and snuggled up with friends, the night couldn't of gotten better.  Well, maybe it could have if some stinkin' pizza places were open. That was a bummer.

Anyways, here's to the progress on my bucket list. Cheers!

Have you ever been to a drive-in?  Did you like it?
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

I love love love love comments and will respond to all of them!