4.24.2014

36 Miles and Counting

I found a new addiction.

But don't worry! It's not like that one addiction when I wanted to legitimately search to find a way to legally keep one of these cat-ish creatures that I saw at the Lincoln Park Zoo as a pet.  (I don't even know what species it is anymore . . . ) 

But you have to admit that you want one too. 

Nor is it like those few months where I took one decent looking photo and was sure that I was destined to be a photographer.  

Nope, not like that at all.  This time, the addiction is nothing like either of those fleeting notions.  Instead, my new found love is beneficial, fun, and definitely attainable.  I mean, it's not like keeping a wild animal as a pet isn't attainable though . . .

Anywaysss, finding this new addiction was as simple as hopping on my bike and pedaling away. Yep, that's it.  I'm addicted to biking.  


After going with friends to a metropark near my house last week for a fun day of picnicking and biking, I was hooked.  Since last Thursday, I have been back to said metropark (which I've lived less than fifteen minutes from for my entire life and probably only been to six times) two additional times and taken at least one lap of the 8 mile loop that circles the lake (background info: there is a lake) each time. In those three trips, I've biked over 36 miles and I'm loving it!


With a paved biking and running path and views like this 


and this


though, you can't really blame me.  I bet you would love it too! You may even find a turtle . . .


Love,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

I love love love love comments and will respond to all of them!