4.22.2014

17 Blessings

Birthdays are fun.  Hellooo, cake and presents! Birthdays also signify the fact that you were able to survive on Earth for 365 more days than you previously had.  Now if that's not a reason for cake, I don't know what else is!

I love birthdays.  As I celebrated mine earlier this month, I was reminded just how extremely blessed I am.  I mean, for one, my mom picked me up a Dairy Queen cake and if any of you have ever had a DQ cake, you know what a blessing they are.  #SoBlessed.

As I got to thinking about how many things I rush by in this fast-pace that I'm living in and how many blessings I just take for granted, I decided that I needed to take a breath, smell the roses and appreciate all the beautiful, yet sometimes overlooked things in my life.

1. Sunsets.  Because they're beautiful, and that is a fact.


2. Bonfires.  Because conversations around bonfires are by far the best conversations that there are.  


3. Miniature goats.  Because they are the cutest little things I've seen all week.  (Ernest is on the left and Muffin is on the right. See, even the names are adorable! Never mind that we were only pretending that those were their names . . .) 


4.  Playoff hockey. #BecauseItsTheCup 


5. Chick-fil-A.  Because it isn't just fast food.  It's beautiful and delicious. (And nowhere near my house . . . tear.) 


6.  Running.  Because even though our relationship is largely a love/hate one (emphasis on hate), it's been a blessing. 


7.  The color green.  Because being a Michigander means that I haven't seen too much of this color since last September.  


8.  Sunrises.  Because see #1.  


9. Bowling.  Because even though I'm so bad that scoring a 70 is pretty much the best thing ever, it's a great reminder for me to be humble.  



10. My eos chapstick.  Because my lips wouldn't have made it through this winter without it.  And it's pomegranate flavored, so I'm not complaining there either.  



11.  Showers.  Because sometimes this happens and having dried mud stuck to the back of my legs forever wasn't really in my life plan. 


12. Ice cream chocolate chip cookie sundaes.  Because whoever decided it was a good idea to combine the two dessert classics is a genius. 




13.  Board games.  Because I totally just beat my sister in Scooby-Doo Monopoly so I'm feeling a lot more partial towards them than I usually do.  


14.  Trampolines.  Because you guys, they are so.much.fun. (And yes, I did make that shot . . .) 


15.  Puppy Chow.  Because you better believe that the bowl was filled before three of my other puppy chow loving friends and I discovered it.  


16. Walks in the woods.  Because there is no feeling that compares to being surrounded by the glory of God's creation. 

17.  Piggy back rides.  Because they are literally the best.  Literally.  



Have a blessed week!
Love,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

I love love love love comments and will respond to all of them!